Turkey Earthquake: Things are getting worse with earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. So far 22,765 people have died. The number of injured has reached close to 75 thousand. In Turkey, 19,388 people have lost their lives and more than 35 thousand people have been injured. At the same time, 3,377 people were killed in Syria and more than 4 thousand were injured. Mass graves are being built to bury those killed in Syria.
Meanwhile, an expert has claimed that an earthquake of magnitude 7 may hit Turkey again soon. Seismologist Dogan Perinek has claimed this in front of Russia’s news agency. He told that this earthquake will come near the port city of Canakkale in western Turkey. According to Dogan Perinek, there has been an increase in seismic waves here for a long time. An earthquake occurs in Canakkale every 250 years. Now 287 years have passed since the earthquake happened there.
Many cities of Turkey and Syria were completely destroyed
Turkey’s Antakya, Sanliurfa, and Syria’s Aleppo city have been completely ruined due to the Turkey Earthquake. Water and electricity supply is also closed here. People are forced to live in shelter homes. Food items are not available here. People say that help is coming, but it is very little. Residents of the epicenter city of Gaziantep say that help had not reached them even 12 hours after the catastrophe. Although more than 95 countries have sent help.
NDRF team rescues a 6-year-old girl
Meanwhile, India’s rescue team has rescued a 6-year-old girl in Noordagi city of Turkey. The spokesperson of the Home Ministry tweeted and wrote – The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), which reached Turkey Earthquake under Operation Dost, has rescued a girl child.
Pulling a two-month-old baby alive after three days under the rubble in Turkey pic.twitter.com/1ePEIkZiDH
— Muhammad Smiry 🇵🇸 (@MuhammadSmiry) February 8, 2023
Today’s big updates
- A 4.6 magnitude Turkey Earthquake has once again been recorded in Malatya, Turkey. The European Mediterranean Seismological Center gave this information by tweeting.
- UN says that due to snowfall and rain, rescue work is being affected in both the countries affected by the earthquake. Emergency Services teams are facing a lot of difficulty in the rescue.
- The US has announced a relief package of $ 85 million, or about Rs 700 crore, to help earthquake-affected areas in Turkey and Syria. Apart from this, the World Bank has also announced to send $ 1 billion in aid.
- Amidst the war, Ukraine’s State Emergency Service has also sent help for the rescue operation in Antakya city of Turkey. Rescue workers have set up their camps in Hatay. Ukraine has also announced sending a staff of 87 people to help.
- Meanwhile, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is about to reach Syria to take stock of the situation after the earthquake. Earlier, he said that people are living one nightmare after another. Help is being sent from the UN, but it is not enough.
- On the other hand, in Syria, 3 days ago, 10 hours after birth, the newborn taken out of the debris has been named Aya. In Arabic it means miracle.
A baby born in rubble in Syria named Aya
A young Syrian boy smiled and started to play with rescue workers who pulled him from the rubble of a building that was destroyed following deadly earthquakes in Turkey and Syria pic.twitter.com/kM3Qt4UqvG
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 8, 2023
A newborn girl born in the rubble after the earthquake in Aleppo city of Syria was rescued after 10 hours. Since then he is undergoing treatment in the hospital. It is being told that the girl’s parents had died soon after birth. Now it has been named Aaya(Turkey Earthquake). Aya means miracle in Arabic. According to the BBC, thousands of people have expressed their desire to adopt a girl child.