CSK vs GT: Chennai Super Kings have entered the final of the Indian Premier League for the 10th time. Where CSK will face the winning team of Qualifier-2 to be held in Ahmedabad on 26 May. Dhoni’s team defeated defending champions Gujarat Titans by 15 runs in Qualifier-1. Gujarat will now play the winner of Eliminator in Qualifier-2.
Gujarat won the toss and elected to bowl at the MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk). Playing first, Chennai scored 172 runs for 7 wickets in 20 overs. In reply, Gujarat batsmen were all out for 157 runs in 20 overs(CSK vs GT).
Chennai-Gujarat match scorecard(CSK vs GT)
Gujarat’s wickets fell like this…
- First: On the last ball of the third over, Deepak Chahar got Wriddhiman Saha caught by Pathirana.
- Second: On the last ball of the sixth over, Mahish Teekshana got Hardik Pandya caught by Ravindra Jadeja.
- Third: On the third ball of the 11th over, Ravindra Jadeja got Dasun Shanaka caught by Teekshana.
- Fourth: Ravindra Jadeja bowled Devil Miller on the 5th ball of the 13th over.
- Fifth: On the first ball of the 14th over, Deepak Chahar got Shubman Gill caught by Devon Conway.
- Sixth: On the third ball of the 15th over, Mahish Teekshana bowled Tewatia.
- Seventh: On the third ball of the 18th over, Mathis Pathirana got Vijay Shankar caught by Gaikwad.
- Eighth: Darshan Nalkande was run out on the fourth ball of the 18th over.
- Ninth: On the third ball of the 19th over, Tushar Deshpande caught Rashid Khan at the hands of Conway.
- Tenth: On the last ball of the 20th over, Pathirana got Shami caught by Deepak Chahar.
Saha-Hardik out in Powerplay
Chasing the target of 173 runs, Gujarat Titans lost the wicket of Wriddhiman Saha in the third over itself. Hardik Pandya came to bat at number-3(CSK vs GT). But got out after scoring only 8 runs in 7 balls. The team could only manage 41 runs losing 2 wickets in 6 overs.
Chennai’s innings from here…
Gill’s Fifty, Chennai scored 172 runs
Gujarat won the toss and elected to bowl at the MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk). CSK scored 172 runs for 7 wickets in 20 overs. Opener Rituraj Gaikwad scored 60 off 44 balls and Conway scored 40 off 34 balls. There was a partnership of 87 runs on 64 balls between the two.
For Gujarat, Mohit Sharma and Mohammed Shami took 2 wickets each, while Rashid Khan, Darshan Nalkande and Noor Ahmed got one wicket each.
Chennai wickets fell like this
- First: On the third ball of the 11th over, Mohit Sharma got Rituraj Gaikwad caught by David Miller.
- Second: On the third ball of the 12th over, Noor Ahmed bowled Shivam Dubey.
- Third: On the 5th ball of the 15th over, Nalkande got Rahane caught by Shubman Gill.
- Fourth: On the first ball of the 16th over, Mohammed Shami got Devon Conway caught by Rashid Khan.
- Fifth: On the last ball of the 18th over, Rashid Khan got Ambati Rayudu caught by Shanaka(CSK vs GT).
- Sixth: On the 5th ball of the 19th over, Mohit Sharma got MS Dhoni caught by Hardik Pandya.
- Seventh: Shami bowled Ravindra Jadeja on the last ball of the 20th over.
Gaikwad’s fourth fifty against Gujarat
CSK opener Rituraj Gaikwad hit fifty in 36 balls. He scored his fourth consecutive half-century against Gujarat. This is only the fourth match of the team against Chennai. Gaikwad got out after scoring 60 runs. Earlier this season he had played an innings of 92 runs. He scored 53 and 73 runs in 2 matches last season(CSK vs GT).
Gaikwad-Conway’s half-century partnership for the 8th time
CSK’s Rituraj Gaikwad and Devon Conway got the team off to a strong start in the powerplay. Both made a fifty partnership in the 7th over. This is the 8th partnership of more than 50 runs between the two this season. Both have also done 2-century partnerships(CSK vs GT).